Second advice, if you just wanted to renew passport you can easily do it at the KIOSK (located outside, on the right side of lift 5/6) by preparing the following:
1) 1 copy of photostat IC, both sides in same page
2) 1 photo size passport (apparently must shown your beautiful ears else will be rejected)
3 ) money
4) old passport
The process with take about 3 mins. The only set back is, make sure your old passport is the one with thumb print in-print. Else you need to queue up at the counter.
How to find out, don't ask me.
Back to the counter service, if you still interested to know the procedure goes like this.
- queue up at the counter 11/12 for the officer to check your dossier before getting a calling number (that will take more or less 40 mins if you are not lucky, if you want to avoid waiting for too long arrived before 7.15am)
**when you are queuing the guard will pass you the application form and ask whether you have photos. They do have service to take photo charging at RM15 for 4 pieces but that will means you can only queue up after you have the photos. So in order to save time, get the photo ready before hand.
- once your number is called, submit the dossier at the counter 7,8,9 or 10 (based on my experience they can service only 60 people per hour).
- than wait for your name to be called and pay the money at counter no.6 (based on my experience they will need 5 mins per transaction). Whether they slow in counting the money or they actually do 100 tests to confirm your money is valid are beyond me. Alternatively you can also pay by credit card or debit card.
So you may ask me what is counter no 1-5 for?
Well, counter 1-2 are for collecting of passport. There is a basket in front of the counter, drop in the receipt and wait for your name to be called.
Counter 3 is special counter to serve senior citizen and disabled (since they are only 3 of them during my 3 hours there, I guess they record is one customer per hour).
Counter 4 is the counter for those applicant with special condition for example lost passport. I only see 2 people went to that counter. Other than that, I guess the officer is busy minum kopi.
As for counter no.5, sorry I didn't find any. Guess they don't really know how the numeric sequence goes too.
If after all that you still interested to go, fine. The office actually is located at 2nd floor of Wisma PKNS (which is opposite SIRIM berhad and Shah Alam Convention Center). Look for the entrance with KFC and Guardian (which is opposite a small park with lake), search for Lift 5/6 than go to 2nd floor. The office is on the left side.
For details direction on how to get there, refer this google map. Very useful feature from Google.
Good luck, you need tons of it.