Sunday, July 27, 2008

Singapore Trip (Reprise)

I thought that I would give my two sen worth, now that the Singapore trip has been mentioned, by adding some phtographs. Not that two sen is worth much, maybe a teaspoonful of petrol.






We went to the National Musuem of Singapore on an impromptu trip - the alternative was shopping, which I wasn't keen on.
This is outside a stretch of restaurants/cafes and inside the museum building. Really cool ! Made me want to sit down and chill out.


This is the roof at the entrance hall of the museum. Reputedly the most beautiful piece of architecture in the building. You can see why it's got that reputation. It's the stained glass windows, in case you're wondering.


In the absence of beaches, Singaporeans have learned to adapt when lounging at the waterfront. At least it's got a nice view of ... er, cranes.

These are my favourite phtos from the trip :

A busload of tourists at the promenade.


From another angle.

The Singapore skyline in the middle of town.

My opinion of Singapore after this trip ?

Nice place to stay and work. But unless I'm there specifically to watch Mamma Mia! or Les Miserables, it's not really my cup of tea as a vacation spot.

No comments: