Friday, November 27, 2009

about Thierry Grimandi

"You know, when we turn on the air-cond and turn off the lights and then we watched Cantona ? I really miss that", she said two nights ago.

Michelle and I were flabbergasted.

What, to me, had been a throwaway occasion of fun and bonding and lasted all of 15-20 minutes is something that Catriona had remembered. It was just a slice of time that happened a few months ago and I had forgotten all about it - but she remembered. Shows what I know about this little girl who insists on joining in whenever her parents hug.

So that night there were no story books. Instead, there was a chess set which she used to build a field with a scarecrow, a donkey and two cows.

There was also a rather complicated block jigsaw puzzle which I helped to complete.


And then we watched Cantona.

Cantona as Thierry Grimandi

Something else that caught me by surprise :

I didn't know that she could use the word 'miss' like that.
And I didn't know that she could insert the word 'really' in front of 'miss'.

No comments: