Monday, December 21, 2009

The Fall

In a world where music can be very formulaic, Norah Jones is doing whatever she likes in whatever field of music she wants.

After showcasing her jazz and country influences in earlier albums, she's now turned in her latest single which, I don't know how to describe it, but jazz and country it ain't. I know that there are probably some fans who are scandalized at her latest effort, but not me. Having checked some of her earlier stuff when she first burst on the scene with 'Don't Know Why', and tracked her career, I was aware that she had dabbled in electropop as well as punk rock. But never under her own name.

Not this time.



Like many of her other hit singles, this song doesn't grab you at first listen. Rather, it improves with repeated listening.

I haven't checked out the rest of the album (The Fall), but I like this song.

No comments: