Monday, June 11, 2012

They Say it's All Over ......Maybe it Is.

In the end, they just couldn't push through. After matching the Miami Heat for 6 games and 40 minutes of game 7, the Celtics just didn't have any more to give. The injuries took their toll and the aging Celtics couldn't defy Father Time this time around. It's been a glorious five years but this seems to mark the end of that era :



As good as the Celtics have been over the past 5 years, I have to admit that age has caught up and there is no way, KG, Pierce, Ray Allen and Rondo are going to win the NBA title in their current incarnation. Father Time remains unbeaten. So as much as I would like to see the Core Four return for one more title run against all odds, the reality is that KG and Ray Allen would have to take massive pay cuts to allow this to happen. I definitely can't see Danny Ainge making major concessions in that area. Not when the C's need to add at least one major piece to help the Core Four out. In any case, the past five years have been a blast. I've enjoyed the ride. Thanks for the memories, guys ! I hope you all come back, but I'll understand if you don't.

No comments: