Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Hot Club of Cowtown ...... no, I'm serious .....

The first time I heard 'After You've Gone' I was in a semi-deserted shopping center in the middle of Kuala Lumpur city. On the way to a job interview. Walking into the shopping center, I could hear the strains of the song wafting around the complex. It wasn't piped in. It came from one particular shop selling music CDs. The complex wasn't noisy as it was relatively empty and the shop owner was playing the song LOUD. Even on the escalator up to the 2nd floor I could still hear the song playing. It was sensational.

I remember walking into her shop after the interview and buying the album. Cynthia M. Jazz album. 10 songs - 2 in English and the rest in French. Lost the CD when my car got stolen.

So even though I've been out of circulation for such a long time, I couldn't resist when I heard this.

The Hot Club of Cowtown. Western Swing, they call it ...

No comments: