Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Press 4

"When you get into the lift, you press 4 so that you can go home. 
When you press 2, you don't know where you're going. 
When you press 3, you don't know where you're going. 
When you press 5, you don't know where you're going. 
You press 4 so that you know where you're going."

An innocent enough remark, don't you think ? That's what we say to Catriona so that she only presses the correct button in the lift.

Well, my little girl is turning 3 this month and has responded to previous queries of "How old are you ?" with the reply "2 years old". 

But a couple of weeks ago, the reply became "4 years old'. 
Mystified, we asked her "Why are you 4 years old ?" and her reply .......

"3 years old I don't know where I'm going. 4 years old I know where I'm going."

That's a child's logic for you. And I can't deny that it sound logical.

No comments: