Tuesday, July 14, 2009

follow the White Rabbit

Is it possible to look forward to a movie purely based on who starred or directed in it ?

There are some people who would go to every Tom Cruise movie. Or Leonardo di Caprio, or Nicole Kidman, or Megan Fox, or even Edison Chen.

For me, it’s Johnny Depp.

Mostly because his characters are usually so uniquely crafted (Captain Jack Sparrow in the first Pirates of the Caribbean – a character so drunk and memorable, I remember him long after I’ve forgotten what the movie was about).



Put the name Tim Burton beside Depp and I’d want to book my movie ticket right there and then. That’s how I feel about Alice in Wonderland.

It’s only due in 2010 but I’ve already got it penciled in. As is usually the case when the aforementioned two get together, Helena Bonham-Carter is in the film somewhere.

The film will be weird. It’ll be oddball. As it stands, the book already had some very giddy, offbeat characters like the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts. Throw Tim Burton and Johnny Depp into the mix and you might end up with a smile that stays even after you’ve left the scene.

No comments: