Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Hat Trick

It's been a long time coming. Two years after he was bought, is Berbatov finally going to show us what he really is capable of on a consistent basis ?

I, for one, am very happy to see him playing the way he is. It's almost like he has been keeping himself in a magician's hat, occasionally peeking out, for the past 2 years. And now .... now, he finally comes out from the hat to reveal his true self.

The talent has never been in doubt. But the mind ... the languid barely-running style ... those have been rather iffy.

I don't know if it was the purchase of Hernandez, or the improved fitness that Berbatov credits his form for, but the man has started all guns blazing .... and then some.

This is an example of Berbatov saying the right thing :

"I was dissapointed with myself that I could not please all of the supporters. The people of Manchester United are the judges and that is the way it should be. It is their team. I am a priviliged guest."

And this is an example of Berbatov saying the wrong thing :

"I just can't wait for training. How weird is that ?"

If only Berbatov had Cantona's dedication to training ........
I guess it's never too late to start.

No comments: