Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bukit Gasing with a Kitten

3 weeks ago I took the kitten on her first trek through a secondary forest at Bukit Gasing. She was looking forward to it, so early one Sunday morning - 4th September - we were off. Rather late as it were since we only started around 0900 hours but the shade from the trees pretty much kept us sheltered from the sun.

All set to start !

Sun rays

About to enter the Rabbit Hole ...

On the way back

I think that she was happy at the end of it, apart from complaints that I didn't allow her to play with the sand there. But it's not the soft sand that you find at the beach, and stopping for too long was sure to attract mosquitoes so I just kept her moving along.

There was some carrying involved but mostly she walked. I think she covered about 1 km which I guess isn't too bad for a 5-year old.

All in all, we ticked another box in the 'Father & Daughter Things To Do' list.

I know it doesn't seem that way, but I didn't Photoshop this photo

No comments: