Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Love London !

Notwithstanding my feelings for London - (I love London !) - this post is actually about The Real Tuesday Weld (wiki here).

They - or rather, he i.e. Stephen Coates, the lead vocalist and founder - are not very well known at all. However, their stuff does turn up on the fringes of the mainstream entertainment scene and their/his music has been used in films, ads and documentaries. Their/his last album ? A soundtrack for a book - Glen Duncan's 'The last werewolf'. You read right. A soundtrack for a book.

Their music is esoteric, so not everybody will like it. But  I think it's the bee's knees.



On a side note, how I came to know about The Real Tuesday Weld is a stumbling tale in itself. I was working at an IT company which had an MD who aspired to be a rock star. When the receptionist of that company left, I went to vet her PC in case there were any outstanding issues which she had forgotten to tell me about. It was while vetting that I stumbled across 4 songs from The Real Tuesday Weld. I loved the songs but couldn't imagine the receptionist liking those songs. I figured that the songs had to be traced back to the previous user of the PC - a sometimes jobber who was really hired to be the full time guitarist in the MD's rock band.

Hmmmm...... maybe this story about how I found out about the band explains why they're not very well known at all.

No comments: