Thursday, September 6, 2012

On second class citizens in Singapore...



Tun Mahatir writes a lot of stuff. I admit that I take what he says with a rather large pinch of salt. But then again, I do that with pretty much every Malaysian politician who speaks. But this particular blog entry of his caught my eye :


15% of Singapore's population are treated as second class citizens. All right .......... I wonder what the precentage in Malaysia is ? Surely it can't be more than 15% ? Speaking strictly as a pendatang, of course.

There's a lot of other stuff about the independence of Malaysia and that we should honour the Jalur Gemilang flag. I agree with that. And I am grateful to the people who strived for Malaysia's independence. (insert Dream's arguments that it was Malaya and not Malaysia - I won't get into that) But the fact of the matter is that those people have since passed on from this world; and they still have my gratefulness. They haven't returned it to me so that I can pass on to their successors in UMNO.....

Anyway, I'm kinda sick of the shenanigans that turn up in the Malaysian political scene. From both sides of the divide. And from every Tom, Dick and Harry who decides they want a new flag or whatnot. But when time comes to vote, I'll probably be saying the same thing that I did the previous time : "I vote for my daughter." I'll just include the little man as well this time.

No comments: