Friday, November 14, 2008

How Great Thou Art

Living with a 2-year old, I often discover (or am subjected to) random acts of art :


All I have to do is keep a keen eye out for it as I never know where I may find it. Being observant also prevents unwanted falls or breaking said pieces of art. In a way, it’s exciting because I never know what objects are going to be used in any piece of art. Building bricks, books, kitchen utensils, stickers, clothes and even onions have all been used by the resident artist in my house. They are pieced together in common groups or combined creatively just about here, there and anywhere. Sometimes, when I walk into a room, I see it. It’s just there - Art.

It’s a bit like how an archeologist is excited by the sight of some prehistoric bones from some long forgotten animal.


Now unlike archeology, these pieces of art don’t last as long. Some last for hours and others last for weeks. It really depends on whether the artist goes back to the scene of the art and decides to express herself again. If she does, then something new will be created. And if she doesn’t, then that’s eye candy for me.

Some particularly favourite pieces are recorded.


As always, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I find that some of this art makes for unique wallpapers.

No comments: