Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Milestone

We had our 5th anniversary last Saturday and I must confess that I've not felt those years pass by.

In that time :

* I've changed 2 jobs and Michelle 1

* I've stopped reading newspapers in newsprint

* My soccer news now comes from soccernet and not the local newspapers

* I've witnessed the rise of YouTube and Facebook - and have hooked up with some Old Frees from my year as a consequence

* I've seen the raising of political consiousness in Peninsular Malaysia and now find that 100% of my time in Malaysia is in Pakatan Rakyat-controlled states including the trips to Penang.

* I've seen the USA elect a coloured President and immediately heard it described as an Obama Moment

* Seen the Boston Celtics go from bottom feeders to NBA champions

* Discovered online chess

* Stopped playing football and futsal and returned to playing badminton

* Added a few pounds :


pants... so.... tight

* and co-authored a major production :


Time flies. I still remember the 1st show I watched on television on my wedding day right before the wedding dinner. It was England vs Australia in the 2003 Rugby World Cup Final and I delayed the dinner a little bit more to watch Jonny Wilkinson kick the winning drop goal with 20 seconds to the end of extra time :

No comments: