Friday, March 2, 2012

Looking in All the Wrong Places ...


Sometimes it's about finding solutions in rather unlikely places - to analyze and then to separate the wheat from the chaff - to get to the crux of the matter and, (I don't believe I'm quoting Mick Jagger here .... ) - you can't always get what you want but if you try sometime, you'll find you get what you need.

The main thing is The Job Got Done !

Sometimes, when I look at children being encouraged to colour/paint/crayon the sun yellow - and only yellow - I feel like asking "Why does the sun have to be yellow ?"


It's a drawing. We can let our imagination fly free when it's a drawing. Sometimes you draw flowers in a vase and sometimes you can draw clocks that are so soft, they're like melted cheese. Dali did that and his paintings and prints are still around.

But I don't say a word to the child or the adult. 'Cos they're other people's kids.

No comments: