Friday, May 23, 2008

Champions !!

I stayed up watching Man Utd win the Champions League last night. And yes, they won. After 9 long years of waiting, Sir Alex has finally gotten another one.

It was an intriguing match and I have to admit that both teams were evenly matched with each team dominating in spells. Truth be told, I wouldn't have had any arguments if Chelsea had come out on top in the penalty shootout. As it stands, United won ! I'm chuffed to bits.
Anyways, this team is still so young, they could be competing for years to come. Going through the team from goalkeepers to forwards, they're set for at least the next four years if the team can be kept together. And I don't think that I'm making any great prediction if I say that Cristiano Ronaldo will win the European and World Player of the Year awards.


BTW, have you noticed that Man Utd have won 3 European Cups/ Champions Leagues and have yet to achieve any of the wins within 90 minutes ? And they seem to win on the 10th anniversary, or 50th anniversary, or 90th birthday or whatever....... so, when's the next anniversary of whatever ?

No comments: