Monday, May 18, 2009

Alison Krauss

I don't know when I first started listening to Alison Krauss. I think that it was around the time Shania Twain was dominating the Country Music charts and I was wondering what had happened to Country music - because what I heard sounded more like pop and rock than country music to me. I think that was when I first discovered bluegrass music, and Alison Krauss was sitting on top of that particular hill.


So today, I put her on the play list and this is a sample of what I'm listening to :


Bluegrass music being what it is, you're not going to get a bunch of bells and whistles with the music, and that's fine with me because I like what I hear here.

But just to show that life's full of ironies, Ms Krauss made an album in 2007 with Robert Plant. Yes, That Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin fame, one of the greatest rock bands of all time. And to cap it all off, that album - Raising Sands- won a Grammy for Album of the Year.

No comments: