Monday, May 11, 2009

Nizar is Perak MB

A short, straight to the point headline which took me completely by surprise when I first read it at 1800 hours today. It doesn't indicate the amount of money, shenanigans, vitriol, confrontations and political manouverings that led up to that headline. And it doesn't give a clue as to more of the same going forward.

It took me completely by surprise because I had not thought for a moment that such a judgment was going to be handed down. This in spite of the law and legal precedent which favoured this ruling. That's how much faith I have left in the Malaysian judiciary.

As such, I have to commend Justice Abdul Aziz Abdul Rahim for having the guts to make this ruling. I hope that he will not be made to pay for sticking to his principles and making judgment according to the rule of law.

No comments: