Friday, January 9, 2009

The Boat That Rocked

Do you know why Mr Bean doesn't speak in his movies ? Here's why :



This scene is from the movie "Four Weddings And A Funeral", the movie that first introduced me to the work of Richard Curtis (imdb : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0193485/).

He's a writer who's credited with work in the Blackadder series and the Mr Bean and Bridget Jones movies but I know him primarily for his work in three movies : "Four Weddings And A Funeral", "Notting Hill" and "Love Actually".

Those three are among my favourite movies and "Notting Hill" and "Love Actually" have gotten a viewing every year or so. In fact, I can't think of any other movies that I've given such consistent viewing time to other than maybe the first Matrix movie which I watch once every 2 years.

Anyway, he's got another movie in post-production :


It's slated for release in various coutries from April-June 2009 and here's hoping that it doesn't take too long to reach Malaysia.

trivia - a personal quote from Richard Curtis : "The worst moment of my life was when I watched Notting Hill and thought: 'Oh, God, it's exactly the same as Four Weddings and a Funeral.' I'd been working on it for four years and it never occurred to me..."

No comments: