Friday, January 16, 2009

Twinkle Toes

It's been some time since this pair of futsal boots that Catriona is modelling last met leather, but it happened last night.

After an enforced break since my last futsal group disbanded, I finally got to join a new group and played my first futsal session in about two years. In the meantime, I've been playing badminton but that doesn't have quite the same effect in keeping the inches off the waist line. So I'm glad for the opportunity to be part of a group of grown men running around chasing a little ball.

I must say that after two years, I played ........... terrible. Where once one of my practice routines was trying to hit the goal post from around the halfway line (NB. futsal court), and doing it on a regular basis, now I find that the same shots are missing the post not by feet, but by yards.

One guy, Soh, described it as needing fine-tuning. Dude, missing by yards does not require fine-tuning. We're talking about some major maintenance work here BUT it shall be done. In the words of that darn Christmas song "..... if only in my dreams".

No comments: