Friday, December 26, 2008

December 25th

Christmas was the day that Catriona turned exactly 2.5 years old - to the day. She was born on 25th June 2006 at 2356 hours and I still have the entry I made that day :

I was watching England vs Paraguay in the 2nd round of the 2006 World Cup in the room next door at the time when she decided to interrupt me. England won 1-0.

Well, at least I got my priorities right and was with Michelle at that time instead of the England match.

Anyway, the policy for Pantai Medical was that they wanted bonding ASAP so, as Catriona was perfectly healthy, they wheeled her into our room that night itself. I remember the first song I ever sang to her as I held her in my arms :


The parts of the song that I remember are the first verse and the chorus so those were the parts I sang. It's one of her favourite songs today.

I remember heading back home at 0630 so that I could bring my father and mother-in-law to the hospital and stopping first for dim sum because it was too early to rouse them. And it seemed such a normal everyday thing to do.

Anyway, a few people visited that day and some even helped to take photographs of us :


This photo, taken by Aunty Michelle is a favourite of mine.


And within the week, I had printed and stuck this on the fridge with a magnet :

CATRIONA CHONG XIN YUN


MISSION STATEMENT :

EAT. SLEEP. SHIT.
REPEAT.

No comments: