Saturday, December 6, 2008

Five-day weeks are the way to go

If you haven't worked a six day or a five-and-a-half day work week before, you probably wouldn't realize what a huge difference it makes to your weekend. The whole getting-up-on-a-Saturday-morning to commute to the work place and the getting-back-at-3pm really eats into the weekend. And that's provided you get off at 1300 hours.

I wasn't working today and this is what I ended up doing :

* Taking Catriona to the park



* Taking her to lunch

* Taking her to the swimming pool

And by the time she had a bath and fallen asleep, it was 1600. If I had been working, 1600 would probably mean that I had work, lunch and a shower.

But what I love most about Saturdays off are the opportunity to watch Celtics games on ESPN as those (if scheduled) are on Saturday mornings.

No comments: