Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Guy's getting a Divorce

I was just reading about Madonna and Guy Ritchie's divorce when I glanced at her birth date and realized that ....... she's 50 years old ! Wow !

When I first heard her album she was just beginning to create a small buzz - nowhere near famous. I still remember that her Lucky Star LP was among the first 3 vinyl LPs that I bought - with the others being

* The Smiths' "The Smiths" and
* Depeche Mode's "Some Great Reward"




I guess I should start getting used to noticing signs of time passing by but ...


It won't be through music as my musical boundaries have expanded way beyond those early years. I guess it's a little difficult to realize the passage of time when one is listening to The Beatles or Ella Fitzgerald amongst others.


And with the advent of Youtube, I find that there's really a lot on interesting stuff out there, like this one : http://www.tuesdayweld.com/

No comments: