Saturday, December 13, 2008

Potrait of an Artist at Work

Every week or so, Catriona would ask me to 'do painting'. This is normally the cue for me to bring out the paint, brushes and paper so that she can express herself in paint.


I had taught her to paint a few months ago so that she could be creative and have fun at the same time. The prospect of nurturing a little Van Gogh, to me, is more exciting than raising a boring accountant.

To quote George Bernard Shaw : "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends upon the unreasonable man". Now, I'm not saying that my aim is to raise a rebel. But considering our cookie cutter Malaysian education system, raising a child who can think for herself would not be a bad thing. All of this is on a conceptual level, of course, since Catriona is too young to be anything other than a toddler.



Sadly, she hasn't been able to produce anything to top her first maiden effort.

1 comment:

Kahlei said...

她长的越来越像妈妈了。。。